What is the ENERGYNET?
The ENERGYNET is an important initiative of five municipalities in the border region of Greece and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia to set up a network aimed at the promotion of the Sustainable Energy and the related policies of the European Union policies.
What is the project budget?
The total project budget amounts to 763.554 Euro.
- In Greece 75% is the contribution of the European Union, while the rest is national resources.
- In the case of FYROM, EU contributes 85% while the rest is state participation (10%) and partners’ own funds (5%).
Which are the objectives of ENERGYNET?
- The promotion of the principles of the Sustainable Energy and the relevant policies of the EU.
- The introduction and the establishment of the Sustainable Energy Planning in the Municipalities.
- Strengthening the organizational capacity of local authorities for energy.
- Information and awareness of elected representatives, municipal staff and citizens.
- Conducting pilot energy efficiency projects.
How can be achieved the objectives of ENERGYNET?
Will be implemented actions, which in terms of content and targeting can be distinguished in the following three types:
1. Networking & Sharing expertise actions
2. Capitalization & putting in practice knowledge actions
3. Dissemination & Awareness actions
What are the expected results?
The integration of the five municipalities to the pan-European thematic network of local authorities “Covenant of Mayors»/ Energy saving and saving of economic resources / Awareness raising of local communities / Environmental protection / The access of municipalities to modern financial instruments / The readiness to demand resources from the European Union programmes.